We are introducing a fun new Regular Category competition format: “2nd Day Challenge.” It has been tested at the Friendship Invitational 2019 in Denmark and has been part of the 2019 International Final in Hungary.
The 2nd Day Challenge will mainly test your programming skills. You will get to demonstrate your creativity by solving little surprise challenges.
On Sunday morning, the Judges will explain & show the challenge to you at each game table. You will also get them on paper, with illustrations.
For the 2nd Day Challenge, we will use the same game mat and game elements. We may add a surprise rule.
You do not need to rebuild your robot. (But you can if you really want to…)
- There will be 3 missions you can do to score points. You can do 1, 2 or 3 missions.
- Regular Category rules (starting position, size, time of the run, etc.) will still count.
- You have 3 hours “Test & Attempt Time”. In that time, you can think of a strategy, re-build, re-program, test, and practice as much as you want.
- If you feel that your robot works, you can call a judge to make an official attempt. The judge will score the robot run and this counts as an official score.
- Every team has three official attempts to solve the 2nd Day Challenge.
You can do an attempt any time you want, but your first attempt should be done between 10:30, your second attempt before 11:30, and your third attempt before 12:30. (See below.)
We are sure that you will have fun solving this challenge with your team!